GoPro may have jump started the action camera market, but the Fusion is different than all the GoPros that came before it: it's a true 360 camera. Instead of using a single forward-facing lens, its two ultra-wide angle lenses capture a full 360 spherical image of everything around it.
Unlike most 360 cameras, the Fusion is designed to create both spherical and standard HD videos, potentially offering action camera users more capability than they can get from their current action camera – something that's become progressively difficult in a highly commoditized market. If action/adventure is your game and your workflow is geared towards mobile and web, the GoPro Fusion may be the camera you’re looking for.
At a Glance :
- 360 video: 5.2K/30p, 3K/60p
- 360 photo: 18MP 5K 360 photos (5760 x 2880)
- OverCapture for creating HD videos
- Image stabilization
- Spatial audio (4 microphones)
- Waterproof (5m/16ft.)
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- Smartphone app + desktop software
- Includes two 32GB SD cards (75 minutes record time)
- Removable battery (75-80 minutes record time)