An App update has gone live 09/08/2018. Stereo pairing should now be available to you all.
5.1-channel AV receiver featuring MusicCast Surround capability and exceptional ease of use for enhanced entertainment options.
- 5-channel powerful surround sound
- 80 W per channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 115 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 145 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- Ability to add wireless surround speaker/s* (*MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50)
- HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatibility* (*Availability varies by region)
- YPAO™ sound optimisation
- Music streaming services built-in
- HDMI® (4 in / 1 out) with Dolby Vision™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma
Cinema Surround Sound.
Experience the magic of cinema with realistic and immersive surround sound.
A World of Entertainment.
With MusicCast, access an impressive variety of entertainment sources and setup configurations at the touch of a button.
Intuitively Simple to Use.
Simple and straightforward operation, whether using specially designed compatible apps, or in conjunction with Amazon Alexa voice control devices.
Immerse Yourself in the Sound
CINEMA DSP 3D
This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology, was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilising its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitizing that vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the spaces of those concert halls on home equipment. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies, and enter a world of profound theatre sound.
Easy Sound Optimisation
YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyses the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room. Simply by placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically tuned for optimum performance in your home theatre room.
Yamaha AV receivers feature fully discrete power amplifiers to minimise distortion and adopt independent pure power supplies for the analogue and digital circuitry. They also feature ultra-high performance with 384 kHz / 32-bit DACs, also with Independent power supplies, for reproducing absolutely all the audio in High Resolution sound sources without noise. A new high sound quality IC is employed for volume control and large heat sinks suppress vibration. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Free and Easy Placement
Wireless Surround Speakers
Combine this AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speaker and enjoy the amazing convenience of creating a home theatre with wireless rear speakers. What’s more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup. Easily turn your current living room into a special entertainment environment where you can fully enjoy movies and music.
MusicCast takes the headache out of multi-room audio. Simply connect all MusicCast devices to the same network and start sharing audio throughout the home. Take MusicCast for a test drive by downloading the free MusicCast app and using it demo mode.
A World of Music
Explore a world of music with music streaming services* built-in. Syncing your playlists and song likes from your smart phone or computer to the RX-V485, music streaming services make it impossibly easy to either listen to your faves or discover new music.
* Music streaming service availability varies by region.
Experience 7.1-channel Realism
Virtual Presence Speaker
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field, while HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Moreover, the Virtual Presence Speaker function delivers three-dimensional sound without the actual use of presence speakers — giving you a rich sound field virtually equivalent to 7.1-channel surround, even with a 5.1-speaker configuration.
Alexa on MusicCast
“Alexa, ask MusicCast to play Favourite 1 in the Kitchen.” With Alexa voice control integration, all you have to do is ask. The RX-V485 name offers full compatibility with Amazon’s range of voice control devices. Welcome to the smart home.
* Availability of voice command control via Amazon Alexa varies by region.
Easy Operation, Detailed Settings
AV Controller App
This easy-to-use app lets you conveniently and ‘smartly’ control your AV receiver’s power, volume, input selections, DSP modes — and much, much more — from an iOS or Android™ device. You can also use as many as 23 different languages and customise the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
Install with Ease
AV Setup Guide
No worries, no confusion. Use this special app and get expert assistance with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments.
Even Higher Quality Sound
This AV receiver features bi-amping capability, driving the treble and bass ranges of the front speakers (L, R) with independent amplifiers. In addition to providing greater power, it also prevents interference between the high and low sounds, further improving the sound of the front speakers.
Brilliant and Lively
The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimised for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, energetic sound quality during wireless playback.
High Definition, Comfortable Viewing
The latest graphical user interface from Yamaha has a high-resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and includes a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
Save Energy by 20%
When ECO Mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent*, thanks to an advanced energy saving design. *Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
- Channel: 5.1
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 115 W (6 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 80 W (6 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 145 W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): - / 110 / 130 / 160 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File Format: MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 192 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes (incl. enhancer for Bluetooth®)
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- DA Converter: Burr-Brown 384 kHz / 32-bit DAC x 3
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling: Yes (4K / 60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI eARC: Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (HDMI® to HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- MusicCast Surround: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 4 / 1 (HDCP2.2, HDR10 / Dolby Vision / HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- USB Input: USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front AV Input: USB / Mini Jack
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 1/0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2/0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 4 (front 1) / 0
- Composite Video Input/Output: 3 / 1
- Preout: Subwoofer
- Headphone Output: 1
FM/AM Tuner: 1
- On-screen display: Yes (colour OSD)
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- App Control: Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Remote Control Unit: Yes
Zone B Output: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 161 x 327 mm (with antenna: 435 x 222.5 x 327 mm); 17-1/8” x 6-3/8” x 12-7/8” (with antenna: 17-1/8” x 8-7/8" x 12-7/8”)
- Weight: 7.8 kg; 17.2 lbs.