Peddler enables users of www.peddler.com to be in control of their personal data. As a user of Peddler you have the control over the privacy of personal data that is captured by our services. We take your privacy very seriously.
This document will tell you about what we collect and how exactly we use that information.
What info do we collect?
In order for you to create an account on Peddler.com and use our services, we need to collect and process some information to make sure we have everything we need to provide the best possible service to you. Depending on how exactly you use Peddler (either as a User (a.k.a. a Peddler) or as a Peddler and a Merchant), that may include:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on Peddler, such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country of residence, login and password details. We will ask for this information if you register as a user of the services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through Peddler, or request any information.
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the services.
- All payment information you submit is collected and used by our payment processors in accordance with their own privacy policies. Peddler doesn’t store your sensitive payment details information apart from the last four digits of your account, expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes.
- Information about your activity and interaction with Peddler (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the site)..
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments or report a problem).
- Information that you submit to Peddler in forms of creating a Crowd, contributing to discussions or messaging other users.
What do we do with your information?
We use the info that we collect for the following reasons:
- To keep your account secure and stop the wrong people from getting hold of your information;
- To enable us to provide you with the best service, to improve, promote, and protect our services;
- To set up your account, contact you and customise your experience on Peddler (for example, to show you things we think you might like);
- To track use of the services so that we can continually improve Peddler.
How is this information shared?
Information that is shared publicly
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on Peddler, containing your account name and the date the account was created. Whenever your account name appears on Peddler (for instance, when you like a product or create a Crowd), people can click your account name to see your profile. Here are some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on Peddler:
- The account name and the date of its creation;
- Any information you choose to add to your profile (like a profile picture, bio or your location);
- Any Crowds you have joined on Peddler;
- If you have boosted / "liked" a product;
Please note that each Peddler’s profile lists other Peddlers who follow them. Crowds also list the curators of that particular Crowd so your profile would be publicly viewable in that case. We advise that if you don’t want others to see your name or profile image on another Peddler’s profile or a Peddler Crowd then it’s better to choose an account image or username that is not identifiable (e.g., KittyPurry07).
Info that we don't share publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your password;
- Your IP address;
- Your phone number;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. We do not sell your data - that’s just not our style. Trust and transparency are at the very heart of what we do.
Info that’s shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect Peddler’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of Peddler, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorised, and that they protect your personal information at the very least to the same standards as we do. We may also share information that’s accumulated but made anonymous in a way that doesn’t directly mention or allude to you personally.
The third parties we currently work with are Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Mailchimp, Hubspot, Hotjar, Stripe and Coinify. For additional information how to opt-out from these third party services, check out our ‘Opt out / Do not track’ page.
How do we keep your info save and how long is it kept
We are very careful and take many measures to protect your personal data. Both on an technical and organizational level. Our team is daily embedded with keeping your data secure in our systems and search for vulnerabilities. We enhance a strict data access control, meaning that your data is only accessible to employees who need this to execute their work. The data is kept in our secured system unless you request to be forgotten by Peddler. When we share your details with third parties (as listed above) to do things like process a payment transaction, we ask that they treat your data just as carefully as we do. If you feel that this is not happening, please let us know by contacting us on [email protected]
Info we share to protect Peddler & comply with the law
We want to ensure that we are protected and that we are complying with the law which ultimately helps us to ensure we can continually provide the best service to our Peddlers without any issues. We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is within reason to comply with the law, to prevent fraud or abuse or to protect Peddler’s legal rights.
We will send you emails relating to your transactions on Peddler. You will also receive certain marketing email communications if we think they are of genuine interest to you in accordance with your preferences, but only if you opt-in! If you create a profile on our site with your email or social media account without giving explicit permission to email you, we will not use this data to contact you.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We’ve always believed in protecting our user data and using it to create the best experience possible on Peddler which includes getting incredible deals on incredible brands. We hope you stay part of the Peddler community to continue receiving these deals and our full services. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the option to opt-out at any time of any marketing communications we send if you feel it’s a bit much.
However, remember silence isn’t permission, so if we don’t hear from you, we won’t be able to continue sending you exclusive deals and customized content. Opt-in on our website to stay up to date. And if you’re already part of the email list, make sure you look out for our email and update your preferences!
Access to your information
To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, you can log in and update your profile or delete your account. We may still keep a hold of anonymised information as required by law.
SAR: Subject Access Request
If you like, we can give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold, you just need to make a formal request for this. You are now able to formally request the following information:
- What personal information is being processed
- For what reason we process this information
- Who has access to this information
- How the information is used in automated decisions
- What processes are using this information