We’ve tried our best to make sure that the terms are not just a lot of complicated jargon by using easy to understand terminology wherever possible.
If you use our (Peddler B.V., We or Us or Peddler) website (Site) and the services that we offer (Services), then you agree that you will need to create a Peddler account (Account) to use the Services and Site and that all of the terms and conditions set out herein (Terms) apply as legally binding rules.
The sale of certain products is limited or restricted. Therefore our Services and the Site may not be used for certain products. We have listed these products in the list of restricted products (access by clicking here). This list may be amended by us. You agree not to use our Services for any restricted products.
Agreements to purchase products from a Merchant only come into force between the User and a Merchant. We are not a party to such agreements, we only facilitate Users and Merchants to enable them to enter into such agreements.
Please find below some information about Us:
The legal name of our company is:
Peddler B.V. We are a Dutch limited liability company.
Our offices are located at:
John M. Keynesplein 12, -46, B-tower, 4th floor, C.4.K.9
1066 EP Amsterdam
Our telephone number is:
+31 85 8888 168
We are registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 68237103
Our VAT number is: 857355855B01
Changes to the terms
It’s also good to mention that from time to time we may make changes to the terms but of course, you’ll be the first to know if we do this. We’ll make the changes easy to understand. If you continue to Peddle with us after a change, that means you’re happy with the changes we’ve made so you can continue Peddling!
Creating an Account with us.
We’d love to live in a world full of Peddlers, but by law you need to be 18 years or older (OR the legal age as stipulated in your country of residence to be able to enter into a legally binding contract) to sign up to Peddler and make full use of all the great things you can do with an account,. It’s also important to mention that once you create the Peddler account, you are fully responsible for all of the activity on that account.
Anyone can browse the Site without registering, but to make the full use of Peddler’s features you will need to make an Account with us by telling us your full name, email address and creating a password. We do also offer an option to create an account via a third party sign-in (such as Facebook or Google+) so your basic information such as your full name, email address and a link to your social profile will be shared with us that way.
We can’t stress enough the importance of making sure that the information you give us is totally accurate and complete. Make sure that you’re not impersonating anyone (even by accident!) or choosing names that are offensive in any way to other people. This rule, if broken, means we’d have to cancel your Account and we’d rather not have to do that!
So, as we already mentioned, you are responsible for all the activity on the Account and for keeping your password confidential. If you have a little inkling that someone used your Account without your permission, you should let us know as soon as possible by sending an email to support and request us to block your Account.
Don’t even go there.
This part lists things you probably already know you shouldn’t do — lie, break laws, abuse people, steal data, hack other people’s computers, put pineapple on pizza, store ketchup in the fridge and so on. Don’t do this stuff. Ever.
We expect all of our Users (“your fellow Peddlers”) to behave responsibly and help keep Peddler a nice place to hang out online and we think the key to keeping it that way is to not do any of these things on the site:
- Don’t break any laws that you are subject to (for instance, the laws of the country of your residence). Don’t do anything that might: infringe or violate other people’s rights (for instance, intellectual property rights); violate the law; or breach any contract or legal tie that you have with anyone.
- Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know isn’t true or is misleading or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t offer prohibited items including fake items. Don’t offer any rewards that are illegal, or break any of Peddler’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any relevant laws, statutes, ordinance, or regulations
- Don’t victimise anyone. Don’t do anything that is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t spam. Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- Don’t harm anyone’s computer. Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site.
- Don’t abuse other Users’ personal information. When you use Peddler — and especially if you curate a wish list or operate a merchant store — you may receive information about other Users. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in a product offer, or collectively building a community in order to get better deals: don’t use it for other purposes, and don’t abuse this information.
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorised access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Peddler or another party.
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t use any kind of software or device (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
- Don’t take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of Peddler in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms.
- Any User or Merchant acting contrary to the Terms may be removed from or access may be denied to the Site/Services, or have their Account removed or suspended.
How Peddler works.
Most of our Terms explain your relationship with Peddler but in this section we explain how Peddler works and the relationship between fellow users (Peddlers) and merchants, and who’s responsible for what. This is basically what you’re agreeing to when you buy or reserve a product offer posted on Peddler.
Peddler is the first marketplace that allows shoppers to search, curate and crowd-buy any product they want as a community - ultimately reducing the price for both consumer and retailer. Peddler is making shopping online social, by giving individuals the purchasing power of an entire crowd and providing Merchants with a smarter, inexpensive way to sell their products.
On the Peddler marketplace (Site), Users can post the product (Request) they want to buy. Users need to verify and confirm that the product information is correct. Based on this information Peddler connects the User to likeminded communities looking for the same product. The user remains responsible for the correctness of the posted content. On the Site, the Request is visible for all Users and Merchants.
By liking or engaging with a Request, Users get the ability to “crowd-purchase” their desired products as a group. The goal is to try and achieve reduced pricing, better service and/or better products for the same price for Users through bundling of volume. Merchants can respond to a Request by making an offer to any Users that are registered on Peddler, however, Merchants may also post products for sale on the Site without responding to a Request (Offer). Volume generated by Users acting together in turn creates more trades for Merchants. Users can readily identify and collaborate with other Users interested in similar products, they can openly and transparently engage with Merchants seeking the best deal on a product as a community.
Merchants may only post Offers once they have signed up as a Merchant with Peddler. A Merchant may not make an Offer that relates to restricted products.
An Offer will be open to Users for a certain period and a Merchant will have the Offer remain valid for that certain period (Acceptance Period). Any Users that accept the Offer during the Acceptance Period, will (by timely accepting the Offer) enter into an agreement with the Merchant for the number of products ordered by the User (Agreement). The Agreement will only be valid between an individual User and the Merchant that made the Offer. Peddler is not a party to such Agreement and has no obligations pursuant to such Agreement towards the Merchant or the User. Peddler only facilitates Users and Merchants to enter into Agreements.
Peddler may provide automatic guidance to Users and Merchants alike on the Site. For instance with respect to pricing, postage, listing and other guidance. Such guidance is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not.
No review / no responsibility
Peddler does not review Merchants’ Offers or User content. While We may (but have no obligation to) help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programmes, please be aware that Peddler has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised; the truth or accuracy of Users’ content, listings or feedback; the ability of Merchants to sell items; the ability of Users to pay for items; or that a User or Merchant will actually complete a transaction or return an item. Please notify any problems with the Site, with (other) Users or Merchants to Us.
Posting a product on Peddler (Request/Offer)
Peddler is a unique platform that allows users to post the products they want by providing a number of tools to assist a user in getting a product online. This section explains what you can and cannot do when posting a product.
Peddle – it!
Peddler allows any of its Users (Request) or a Merchant (Offer) to place products on Peddler through its “Peddle – it” functionality. Peddler provides a unique facility to extract relevant product information from a URL provided by the User – this facility provides similar functionality to a search engine, extracting summary information of the product.
Extracted product information should always be reviewed and checked by the User or Merchant, ensuring that the content is not violating copyright/rules and regulations of another website, brand or organisation. A User can write their own product description and provide their own product imagery during this entire process. In short, you shouldn’t just copy and paste a product description from another website because that’s copyright infringement. Peddler will not verify any content submitted by a User or Merchant. However, please notify any problems you may see, experience or have with any content submitted by Users or Merchants to Us.
Create proper Requests
Merchants will not post Offers on poorly described product Requests, or unclear product descriptions and images. They need to be able to clearly identify the exact product that you want, so the better the content the more likely you will get a good Offer from a Merchant.
Posting a product / Peddling
When posting a product on Peddler, you (User or Merchant) agree that:
- You are responsible for the accuracy, content and legality of the product posted and agree to post in accordance with the prohibited and restricted products list;
- Content, Offers or Requests that violate any of Peddler's policies may be deleted at Peddler's discretion;
- Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category as it may take time go through the system (indexing Requests and Offers may take some time). Peddler does not offer or guarantee exact listing durations;
- The place where your listing appears in search and browse results may be based on certain factors such as product format, title, offer activity, Offer end-time, keywords, tags, store price, feedback, Peddler policy compliance and other factors;
- Duplicate listings (Requests or Offers) may be removed or affect whether your Offer or Request appears in search results;
- Meta-tags and URL links that are included in an Offer or a Request will be removed or altered so as to not affect (third party) search engine results.
When uploading or posting content (including the upload of content to be posted as Offer or Request or communications throughout the platform), you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual (or for the duration of any copyright or other rights in such content), irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to use the content (including without limitation, creating and using derivative works) on the Site and for marketing purposes of the Site and you authorise us to exercise any and all copyright, trademark, publicity, database or other intellectual property rights you have in or to the content in any media known now or developed in the future in connection with the Site or the protection of the Site. Further, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you promise not to assert such rights or any other intellectual property rights you have in the content against Us, our sub-licensees or our assignees.
We may offer, license or otherwise make available for your use catalogues of stock images, descriptions, product specifications, and other content, which may be provided by third-parties (including Peddler Users). You may use such catalogue content solely in connection with your Request or Offer on the Site and only during the time your Requests or Offers are shown on Peddler's Site. That permission is subject to modification or revocation at any time at Peddler’s sole discretion.
While we try to offer reliable data, we cannot promise that content will always be accurate and up-to-date, and you agree that Peddler is not responsible for inaccuracies, but that each Request or Offer needs to be verified by the User or Merchant posting it. If a User or Merchant uploads content on Peddler, you are responsible for ensuring that your content is accurate, does not include misleading information and fully complies with all Our policies. Should content include copyrighted, trademarked or other proprietary materials – ensure you have written permission to use the respective content. You agree not to remove any copyright, proprietary or identification markings included within the catalogues or create any derivative works based on catalogue content (other than by including them in your listings if you have permission to do so).
Creating a wish list
Peddler wants to give its users the freedom to create wish lists that allow users to collaborate in the curation of collections and products, discuss related topics and issues in an open and free forum. Users also have the freedom to invite, add and/or remove fellow Users from/to curation of wish lists. The following section will explain the rules of a wish list.
Don’t create inappropriate or off-topic wish lists
Peddler’s wish lists are designed to help Users find other Users aligned in the interest for the same products, groups, categories or product related content. Don’t create unrelated off-topic wish lists that have no purpose of serving fellow Users on the Peddler platform. Any wish lists created that we deem inappropriate will be removed and your Account may be banned.
This includes link-bombing, promoting anything other than products listed on Peddler, sending unsolicited @’s in the discussion facility, hyping third-party services, and using email lists from outside sources, to name a few. The comment and messaging systems on Peddler are here so people can communicate, ask questions, and form groups to buy a product — not for spam.
Don’t be inappropriate
Conversation is key to the smooth running of communities on Peddler — we encourage Users to talk to Merchants and to talk to each other, especially when they have questions. All we ask is that those conversations stay honest and considerate. Don’t post obscene, hateful, or objectionable content. Don’t post personal information. Don’t post copyrighted content without permission. If you don’t like a product or an Offer then don’t purchase it - it’s simple. You don’t need to rant about it. In a nutshell, try to respect other Users at all times (even when you’re having a bad day) and the shared spaces within the site - it’s actually not that hard.
We don’t tolerate funny business
If something seems off or you just get a funny feeling about something, let us know. It could be nothing but we think it’s always best to be on the safe side. Our integrity team reviews every report we receive, and we take action when are notified that someone is breaking the rules. Sometimes, that just means giving someone a warning; sometimes it means revoking certain privileges or Accounts entirely.
As our communities grow and change, so will the way we evaluate and enforce these guidelines. It’s up to all of us as a community to ensure that Peddler remains a safe and fun place to share the products we want and love.
How buying / reserving works.
This section goes over the details of how buying / reserving from an Offer works — things like what you’re actually committing to when buying / reserving; how you are charged; whether buys / reserves can be changed or cancelled; how Users can contact Merchants.
Peddler provides a marketplace where users can form a community and collectively crowd purchase multiple units of the same product together and leverage a volume discount.
When a Merchant makes an Offer, either by themselves or in response to a Request, they’re inviting Users to purchase the product offered by them. Anyone who accepts such Offer / reserves from such an Offer is purchasing the product, and is forming a legally binding Agreement with the Merchant. Peddler is not a part of or a party to the Agreement — the Agreement is a direct legal relationship between Merchants and the individual Users who have agreed to buy or reserve a product.
Here are the terms that govern an Offer:
- Offer structure: Registered Merchants can make an Offer on any Requests (provided that these do not concern restricted products of course) or by themselves (without a Request). These Offers need to be structured in such a manner that the more Users who buy / reserve a product, the lower the price drops;
- Setting the price: For each Offer a Merchant can set the number of units sold required to unlock the next lowest price;
- Reservation OR a Buy: Users can either buy a product OR reserve a product at the lowest price in the Offer;
- Buy: When you buy a product you are guaranteed the product by the Merchant at then current unlocked price. As the price subsequently (after your purchase) drops further (as more units are sold) and lower prices are unlocked, the Merchant will also offer you a lower price (event though the product was initially purchased at a higher price), depending on the number of products that are sold or reserved;
- Reservation: When you reserve a product for a specific price, your reservation will only be converted into a purchase (without any further action being required on your part) if the price that was mentioned in your reservation is unlocked – which happens when enough units are sold in aggregate with the number of reservations to unlock the relevant price;
- Offer duration: Once the first User buys OR reserves a product the Offer timer starts with approximately a 7 day countdown timer during which the Offer will remain valid;
- Offer removal: An Offer can be removed by a Merchant as long as no User has either bought OR reserved a product pursuant to the Offer. An Offer may not be removed by a Merchant after a User has either purchased OR reserved a product pursuant to the Offer;
- Products: A Merchant needs to provide any Users that bought products or reserved products (provided that the specified price was unlocked) with the products contained in the Offer in line with the Agreement and in line with any applicable consumer protection laws that apply to the Agreement or to the User concerned;
- Number of products exceeded: In case an Offer contains a limited number of products, whereby the Users buy or reserve more products than the Merchant has indicated, then the products shall be awarded to Users in the following order: first to buyers and then to Users that reserved the product; and within the same group (buyers vs Users making a reservation), the User that purchased (or as applicable reserved, depending on the group concerned) the product sooner is awarded the product over a User that was later;
- Shipping and taxes: For every Offer, Merchants will provide shipping carrier options and destinations available (which may include an additional fee), and any applicable taxes will be calculated based on your shipping destination and the Merchants tax policies. You can review all of these details during the checkout process.
For example, Merchant ‘Acme Bikes’ has the following offer on a Bicycle:
- If 1 Bicycle is bought the price is unlocked at 250 Euros
- If 8 Bicycles are bought the price is unlocked at 200 Euros
- If 20 Bicycles are bought the price is unlocked at 175 Euros
The Merchant has a total of 25 Bicycles in stock.
In the above example if:
- 6 Users buy the product the price for each user will be 250 Euros at the end of the Offer period (once the countdown completes).
- 9 Users commit to buy the product the price for each User will be 200 Euros at the end of the Offer period.
And in the case that users both buy and reserve the product :
- 9 Users buy the product AND 14 users commit to reserve the product at 175 Euros, the price for each User will be 175 Euros + the lowest price is unlocked so everyone is guaranteed the product.
Buying / reservation conditions
These are the terms that apply when you’re buying or reserving a product:
- Price equality (within an Offer): Everyone pays the lowest price achieved during the Offer period, no matter when you purchase or reserve your product (except if the number of buys / reservations exceed the available number of products). We want to make sure everyone gets the same fair deal, if you can rally a larger crowd to buy you are more likely to pay less. You will never pay more, than the price you committed to purchase for or reserve the product for. Shipping options may have an additional charge and in cases where product options are available they may also include a fixed price additional charge which does not change. Tax is calculated based on your shipping destination and the tax rates applied by the Merchant according to the applicable laws.
- When may you be charged: You may only be charged by the Merchant according to the chosen or available payment method and only once the Offer timer runs out and ends the Offer – reservations are only charged if the lowest price is unlocked. You’ll provide your payment information and payment method when you buy / reserve, but you may not be charged at that moment. Your payment method may be used to check the validity of your payment method and available funds prior to accepting payment. Your payment may only be collected if, at the time the Offer ends (once the timer runs out). The exact amount you need to pay to the Merchant may be less (never more) than the amount you committed to when purchasing. If you reserved your product(s) and the specified price was not unlocked, you won’t be charged, no funds will be collected, and no money will exchange hands (but also no products will be provided to you).
- Card reservation: Merchants and its payment partners may authorise or reserve a charge on your credit card (or whichever payment method you use) for any amount up to the fully authorised amount, at any time between the buy / reservation and the Offer period ending.
- Binding Agreement: Once you buy or reserve (and the appropriate reservation price is unlocked), it becomes a binding Agreement between you and the Merchant.
- Amend or cancel: Should you wish to amend, or cancel your purchase with the Merchant you can contact the Merchant directly. It is the Merchant’s responsibility to act according the guidelines of Peddler and the legal jurisdiction where the User is based.
Payment details: When an offer ends the Merchant may request your payment details again, should this be the case the Site or Merchant will automatically provide a reminder via email with a link to re-enter the payment details. In the case of some payment methods additional payment details may be requested, or re-verification of your payment details may be required. In the event that your verified payment details have changed, expired or for any other reason no longer are valid, the Merchant or Site will automatically request for you to re-enter payment details related to the purchase. A maximum of 2 reminders are sent for you to change details, should you fail to enter these details – the Merchant may start debt collection proceedings in accordance with the Agreement and applicable law.
- Delivery time: The Estimated Delivery Date is the Merchant’s estimate and includes the time it takes to process your order (“processing time”) and the delivery time of your selected shipping option. Should a product not arrive within the estimated timeframe once shipping has been confirmed you can contact the Merchant directly using the relevant purchase detail screen under your account. Any changes to the expected arrival time can be communicated by a Merchant.
- Tracked shipments: All shipped products include a tracking code/url which is sent once the Merchant has confirmed shipment and received payment. You will receive a notification from the Merchant or the Site with a tracking URL and unique tracking code, once the Merchant has confirmed shipment and received your payment.
- Messages: You or the Merchant may want to send each other questions about your purchase. To complete the purchase, the Merchant might need additional information from you, like missing address details. They’ll request that information after the purchase has succeeded. You may also have questions to the Merchant, during or after an Offer, about the product or delivery. You can only ask Merchants questions directly once you have bought or reserved a product. Any other questions can be submitted in the public discussion boards;
- Returns: Since Peddler is not a party to the Agreement, Peddler doesn’t offer refunds. Merchant may have an obligation to offer refunds where it complies with the Users legal jurisdiction or Peddler’s policies. Responsibility for refunds of a product or purchase lie solely with the Merchant;
- Products not delivered: If a User doesn’t receive a product, the User must report that they didn’t receive the item by contacting the Merchant in order to mitigate the issue directly. In case when Merchant doesn’t respond, a User may also contact Us, so that we can see whether we can provide any assistance (although it is the responsibility of the Merchant to fulfil its obligations under or pursuant to the Agreement);
- Counterfeit: Offers of counterfeit products, or products in violation of the restricted product list on the Site are strictly not tolerated. If you suspect that a product is counterfeit or in violation of our restricted product policy, you should contact Peddler immediately – Peddler operates with a zero-tolerance policy on counterfeit and restricted products;
Merchant – User Messaging
The Peddler site provides Merchants and Users the ability to easily send personal messages to one another once a purchase has been made so that the User could ask the Merchant any additional questions they may have regarding the product or fulfilment. In turn, it provides the Merchant with a convenient way to contact the User with any issues (such as an unavoidable delay) that may arise. We do our best to provide messaging services as a safe and secure communications channel between Users and Merchants. The following rules must be adhered to when using messaging on the Site:
- Exchange of personal information through the message and email forwarding system is strongly discouraged. Most of the information communicated between Peddler Users and Merchants through the message systems and email forwarding system is not monitored or regulated by Peddler. We do not take any responsibility over personal information being misused by the Users of the messaging system. Additionally we request that any unsolicited advertisement be reported to Peddler without delay;
- We also don't allow Merchants or Users to exchange email addresses or links that do not directly help Merchants and Users to complete a transaction on Peddler. Members can send messages to each other through Peddler. We encourage open communication between our Users but we don't allow our Users to use these options to send spam, offers to buy or sell outside of Peddler, threats, profanity, or hate speech.
Returns, refunds and disputes.
We completely understand that sometimes when you make a purchase it’s not quite what you wanted, it doesn't actually work or you just don’t feel the same about it anymore and all of them are genuine reasons to return an item and request a refund. Peddler and its registered Merchants recognise this, and therefore Merchants are required to (at a minimum) adopt a 14 day return policy on anything sold on the Site. Furthermore, Users have rights protected by laws and regulations and every Merchant must abide by the laws of the destinations they ship to and from so you as a User are protected from any nasty business.
We ask all of our Merchants to handle returns, refunds and disputes attentively and with the utmost care and respect for the User’s concerns.
If you’re sure you’d like to return something, (and it’s still within the refund period) you can contact the Merchant directly. If the Merchant fails to properly respond to your requests, then you can contact Our Customer Services facility on the Site which may try to help you resolve the issue. The Merchant is required to address your concern and provide updates on how they plan to process your refund (given that the product is eligible for a refund and meets the refund criteria). If you don't receive a response or you are not happy with the Merchant’s response, the User can ask Peddler to step in and help - we always do our best to help our Peddlers.
Stuff we don't do and aren't responsible for.
We don’t oversee the creation of product images & descriptions or Merchant Offers, and we always encourage Merchants and Users to resolve any disputes between each other by arriving at a fair and amicable agreement. Peddler provides facilities to communicate such disputes although we always hope it won’t come to this.
Peddler isn’t responsible for any damages or losses related to or following from Agreements, Requests or Offers. We don’t become involved in disputes between Users and Merchants, or between Users and any third party relating to the use of the Services or Site.
We don’t endorse any content / product information, and User’s use of the Services or Site is at their own risk.
Peddler is free for Users.
Peddler is free to Users, we want to help Users buy the things they love for less. We will not charge Users for use of the Services or the Site. We charge Merchants a small fee for providing the Service, but that’s all.
Creating an Account on the Site as a User is free. When you purchase a product on the Site pursuant to an Offer, no additional charge is made on behalf of Peddler, its partners or payment providers (but you will need to pay the Merchant for the agreed price of course).
The Merchants are charged a small fee for their use of the Services and Site. Note that as a User entering into an Agreement, payment partners of Merchants may also charge the merchant a small fee for facilitating the payment between you and the Merchant (but a Merchant needs to mention this in the Offer). The Merchant is responsible for indicating the correct taxes applicable to your purchase within their respective accounts.
Peddler may contain links to other websites. (For instance, product descriptions, User profiles, Merchant profiles and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
We don’t allow the promotion of or linking to third party sites without our express written consent.
Your Intellectual Property - yep, your content belongs to you.
We don’t own the product content, images or any wish list content posted on Peddler. But when you post it, you’re giving us the green light to re-use or copy it however we need to in order to run the Site or provide the Services, or show (other) people what’s happening on the Site (marketing). We generally just use this to promote product offers and showcase your wish lists on other websites to ultimately increase the community of happy Peddlers. You are responsible for the content you post, and by posting you’re letting us know that it’s all okay to use.
Peddler doesn’t own the content that you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you post a product, create wish list content or create an offer:
- We can use the content you’ve submitted. You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialise, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content on the Site or in relation to the Site or the Services (also including the right to commercialise and market the Site and Services elsewhere using your Content).
- When we use the content, we can make changes, like editing or translating it. You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
- You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission). Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant Peddler all the license rights outlined here).
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility. You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on Peddler hosting of that Content.
- You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights. If Peddler or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post. All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content. Peddler will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
Peddler’s Intellectual Property.
The content on Peddler is protected in various ways. You do have the right to use it for certain personal purposes, but you can’t use it for anything commercial without getting permission first.
Peddler’s Services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site or Services. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Site or Services.
If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from Peddler or the relevant copyright holder. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way.
How We Deal with Infringement Issues.
We take allegations of (copyright) infringements very seriously, and we respond to notices of alleged infringements if the notices comply with the law. We’ll do everything we can to protect our community.
We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate Accounts for repeat infringers. We do this when appropriate and at our sole discretion.
To operate, we need to be able to maintain control over what happens on our website. So in this section, we reserve the right to make decisions to protect the health and integrity of our system. We don’t take these powers lightly but we only use them when we have to.
Peddler reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the Peddler Site and Services without further notice (also during Offer periods).
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use Peddler. We can cancel Accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use Peddler in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel any Offer or to remove an Offer or Request or User buy or reservation, at any time in case these Terms are not complied with, laws are violated or Peddler is affected in a negative manner.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any Merchant Offer at any time and for any reason in case these Terms are not complied with, laws are violated or Peddler is affected in a negative manner (unless an Agreement is already in place between a Merchant and User and the applicable law would not allow us to do so).
We work really, really hard to provide you with a great service, but we can’t guarantee everything will always work perfectly all the time, although that’s what we’re aiming for! This Site and the Services are provided as-is, without warranties.
You use our Services solely at your own risk. We use due care to provide our Services, but we cannot guarantee that certain results are achieved by using the Services and the Services may not always be available or the Services may be changed. The Services are therefore provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
If you do something on Peddler that results in Peddler being sued, we’ll need your help to make things right.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make under or pursuant to these Terms, you are responsible for that towards Us in accordance with the applicable law and where the law so requires or accepts, you will need to hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the Site or Services.
Limitation of Liability.
If something bad happens as a result of your Using Peddler, we’re not liable (beyond a small amount).
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will Peddler, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site. In no event shall Peddler’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00).
Dispute Resolution and Governing Law.
We’re located in Amsterdam, and any disputes with us have to be handled by the competent court in Amsterdam under Dutch law, however, you may always submit the dispute to the court that is competent based upon the applicable law, provided you have informed us of your wish to do so ultimately one month after we have notified you of our intention to bring a dispute before the court in Amsterdam.
These are our official Terms and rules for how things work. Thank you so much for using Peddler!
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and Peddler with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Peddler with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or Peddler to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.