At a glance
- Svelte aluminium alloy frame
- Proven reliable Shimano Altus/SLX 1x8 Rapidfire gear shifting
- Quality hydraulic disc brakes - why you want them
- The bike comes fitted with full mudguards and a chainguard to help you stay clean
- It also comes with a rear rack to carry panniers
- Then it's fitted with a heavy duty kickstand for easy parking when there's nowhere convenient to lean the bike
- The high quality front and rear LED lights are powered by the main battery (like a car's lights)
- These lights are bolted onto the bike - the front at the fork crown and the rear on the back of the pannier rack - so you'll never be caught out without them
- The adjustable stem makes it easier to achieve the most comfortable bar height
The new urban product family for the daily ride with the New E-Bike system - Groove Go and compact mobility: Light rear motor and 7 Ah battery with Tektro hydraulic disc brakes.
Besides perfect components, every bike needs tough, durable paintwork. the frames are therefore powder coated in cutting edge environment-friendly paint shop. This process involves baking plastic granules into the frame, which then forms a top-class, tough finish.
LED display used for setting the assist level and for showing information on battery charge level.
How did Kalkhoff create a simpler e-bike
- Kalkhoff spec'ed the proven, reliable Groove Go rear wheel drive motor
- Rear wheel drive is simpler and less costly than integrating the motor with the bottom bracket and chainset
- Its 32Nm torque motor is less powerful than you'll find on more expensive Kalkhoffs but it's just fine for hilly cities
- Its 252 Wh Li-ion battery has a maximum range of 45km per charge in the best conditions (probably around 20km in mixed conditions, but that's still sufficient run time for most urban cyclists)
- Its smaller capacity makes the battery lighter weight (sub-2kg rather than the usual 3.5kg) and more compact so it can be fixed to the frame down tube
- Instead of a control panel computer on the handlebar, the Durban Move makes do with an on/off button on the battery
- Kalkhoff also save on weight and cost by equipping the Durban Move G8 with a rigid fork rather than suspension
- In compliance with EU and UK law, this e-bike is a pedal bike with up to 250W power assist, which cuts out once you reach 25KPH (15.5 MPH)
- This limiter doesn't prevent you going faster 'the old way' - by pedalling harder