Pioneer VSX-S520-k Slim Multichannel 5.1 Receiver
VSX-S520 Slim 5.1-channel receiver with 5 x 80 Watt, full-range streaming, 4K Ultra HD, video scaler, 4 HDMI ports, HDCP 2.2, hi-res audio playback, dual band WiFi & Bluetooth
Modern multi-channel speaker sets do not have to be big. Even very discreet, compact 5.1 systems readily create an enthralling cinema atmosphere in the living room that is simply not possible with sound bars, let alone TV speakers. The matching AV receiver should be as flat as possible but also of high quality – a role that is played perfectly by the VSX-S 520. With its housing height of just 65mm, it matches current Blu-ray players like the BDP-X 300. It is available in three different colours to coordinate with any TV model and interior decorating style. Class D output stages developed by Pioneer guarantee rich performance with six 80-watt channels notwithstanding the flat design – enough to adequately power even high-end speakers. In order to take full advantage of their sound even in problematic rooms, the MCACC automatic calibration system unerringly and effectively corrects problems with the acoustics. And since the VSX-S 520 looks best with the fewest possible devices around it, Pioneer simply integrated the music sources: high-resolution DLNA streaming, Internet radio, the Spotify, Tidal and Deezer subscription services, AirPlay and Bluetooth ensure that this discreetly styled entertainment professional never runs out of material.
The VSX-S520-k has 5 HD inputs to cover all your HD sources and ships with a 2 Year Warranty
Advanced MCACC analyses the sound field of your speakers and automatically adjusts their virtual size, level, distance, and response. With the Subwoofer EQ, you can manually set the bass levels for more powerful playback.
Streaming and Airplay
As a network player with integrated WLAN, this device plays music files in all of the relevant formats from the home network including high-resolution DSD and FLAC files, naturally gapless and with a convenient app control. Tablets and Smartphones can be seamlessly and wirelessly integrated via AirPlay or without a network via Bluetooth.
Hi Res Audio Playback
Experience audiophile sounds in full Sound Master resolution, with HighRes downloads of your favourite albums in WAV, ALAC, FLAC and AIFF formats as well as in DSD. For the ultimate realism there is HiRes audio, now also with multiple channels in WAV and FLAC formats
Stream with Googlecast
Google Cast uses the same technology as Chromecast and enables uncomplicated music streaming to compatible Pioneer devices. Google Cast-capable apps can be used with Android tablets & smart phones, iPhone, iPad, Chromebook, Mac or Windows computers.
The new Pioneer AV receivers with FireConnect enable the concurrent playback of every audio source connected to the AV receiver via an optional wireless speaker. Conveniently control the multiroom playback with track selection and volume via smart phone and tablet
Enjoy maximum musical variety – this AV receiver natively supports Spotify, Deezer and TIDAL. With the current largest music services, you have direct access to millions of songs in the best CD and HD quality.
Integrated Internet Radio
With more than 100,000 channels, TuneIn has the largest selection of free Internet radio stations covering sports, music, talk and news from around the world..
Easy to use App
With the convenient "iControlAV5" app you can then easily control all important receiver functions via smart phone or tablet. Thanks to the now built-in AVNavigators you no longer need to install any software.
Dual Band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Integrated dual band Wi-Fi (5 GHz and 2.4 GHz) delivers steady uninterrupted streaming, even Hi-Res Audio files. Stream music using the built-in Bluetooth supporting A2DP, Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), SBC and AAC
The GUI (Graphical User Interface) of the receiver has been completely overhauled. Simplified structures, a modern font and new graphics enable faster, intuitive navigation and improved interaction with the user
4K with HDR and BT.2020
Experience four times the HD resolution with 4K UltraHD in the best possible quality according to the most current BT.2020 standard for UHDTV. The built-in video optimisation scales even SD or normal HD content to 4K resolution at up to 60p and the high dynamic range produces an extremely high-contrast, sharp image.
Advanced Video Processing includes :
Advanced Video Processing includes :
HDMI 2.0 ready for the next generation of UHD 4K TVs Ultra HD (4K) Pass Through witht HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24bit; 4K/24p/4:4:4/36bit; 4K/60p/4:2:2/36bit Deep Colour (36-bit) and x.v.Colour 4K Main Zone: up to 4K60p, 4:4:4, 24-bit 4K Dual (MAIN/HD ZONE): up to 4K60p, 4:2:0, 24-bit
Home Network Features:
Built-in Wi-Fi® (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz) Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.1, Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC/AAC) Google Cast Apple AirPlay Certified Spotify® Digital Music-Streaming Service Ready Internet Radio with TuneIn TIDAL Music Streaming Service Ready Deezer Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network - Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC, AIFF, FL AC, WAV/ 5.6/2.8 MHz DSD Playback/ Dolby® TrueHD Playback (USB only)
Using Bluetooth audio streaming you can leave your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad or smartphone anywhere in the room or even carry it with you, while still enjoying your music. Also, you can stream directly from your PC.
The Sound Retriever AIR will restore sound quality lost during streaming.
With your local area network, you can even use your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad as a remote control thanks to our iControlAV home entertainment application. Read more about iControlAV5 HD audio formats are internally decoded for a supreme viewing experience.
A digital iPod USB connection provides direct plug-and-play enjoyment of anything on your iPod, iPad or iPhone. The digital connection guarantees transfer without A/D conversion, for minimal quality loss.
The Advanced Sound Retriever will greatly improve the sound quality of compressed audio.
Also, view your favourite photos and videos on screen, direcly from your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
5.1 Channel HDMI 2.0 AV Receiver featuring, AirPlay Wireless Audio
- Channels: 5 Amplification Type: Direct Energy 80 W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven) Dolby® TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Pro Logic II DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-HD High Resolution Audio/DTS 96/24/DTS-HD Express/DTS Neo:6 5.1 DSD Playback via Network/USB (5.6 MHz/2ch 2.8 MHz/2ch) DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/5.1ch, 2ch) Digital Core Engine with Cirrus Logic (Quad Core) x1 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (AK4458) HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) MCACC Auto Room Tuning - Phase Control/ Subwoofer EQ (4 Band) Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch) Advanced Surround Modes - Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround, Auto Surround AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS:X, DTS Neural:X, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS Neo X: 6, DTS 96/24, DTS Express, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, WMA 9 Pro, DTS Neural Sound
- 11+1 (Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround, Auto Surround)
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)
- HDR and BT.2020 Support
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v.Colour”
- Direct Energy Amplifier
- Digital Core Engine with Cirrus Logic (Quad Core) x1
- D/A Converter : 192 kHz / 24-bit / A/D Converter : 96 kHz / 24-bit
- Hi Bit Sampling
- Auto Level Control - Auto Level Control compensates for volume fluctuations between songs or sources, ensuring that what you hear is played back at a constant volume.
- Digital Noise Reduction - New noise reduction technology keeps sound pristine as it comes from each source. Digital filtering analyses signal output from each separate frequency band, then attenuates noise in each band to an optimal level. In this way, only signal band noise that detracts from overall sound is suppressed, without degrading any dynamic characteristics of the original sound.
- Front Stage Surround Advance - By simply placing your speakers directly beside your TV screen and activating the unique Front Stage Surround Advance feature, you can experience a virtual surround sound environment
- Loudness - this mode boosts the bass and treble in a signal. It is useful for listening to music at low volumes
- Midnight Listening Mode - If others are sleeping or studying, trying to enjoy a program quietly shouldn't compromise such sound qualities as surround effects or dialogue clarity
- Phase Control - feature corrects the phase distortion as well as group delay for LFE (Low-Frequency Effects) audio signals during multi-channel playback
- Advanced Sound Retreiver - function enhances compressed music formats, such as MP3, WMA or AAC and restores the music dynamics and harmonics to CD-sound quality
- Sound Retreiver AIR - When audio is streamed using Bluetooth, sound quality is lost during transmission. Our Sound Retriever AIR brings back the original audio quality