At a glance
- Frame - Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, fully manipulated tubing w/ SmoothWelds, 1-1/8"- 1-3/8" tapered head tube, internal cable routing, threaded BB, 130mm spacing
- Cable Routing - Internal
- Fork - Specialized FACT full Carbon, 1-1/8" to 1-3/8" Taper w/ fender eyelets
- Stem - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Handlebars - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Bar Tape - Specialized S-Wrap
- Brakes - Tektro Axis caliper
- Brake / Gear Lever - Shimano 105
- Front Wheel - DT R460, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 20h
- Rear Wheel - DT R460, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Front Tyre - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x25mm
- Rear Tyre - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x25mm
- Front Derailleur - Shimano 105 Ez, clamp-on
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105, 11-speed
- Chainset - Praxis Alba 2D
- Cassette - Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-32t
- Saddle - Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seatpost - Alloy, 2-bolt clamp
The Allez Elite is perfect for those who are just finding their cycling legs. Specialized have put a lot of thought into its Aluminium frame. Made from E5 premium Aluminium it is lightweight, which not only feels better when you’re climbing up a hill, but it is also essential when you’re carrying your bike up to the 5th floor, and this was at the forefront of the frame design. Aggressively thin walled, yet still tough tubes have been used to reduce the weight of the frame and fork by over 450g when compared to the models of yesteryear.
Instead of using the usual alloy or cheap carbon fork that is often found on entry level road bikes, Specialized have fitted the Allez Elite with a full FACT carbon fibre fork. This makes it handle so much better, floating over rough chipseal and carving though corners. When it comes to the geometry, they developed the Allez by utilizing their vast Retül fit database, to create a geometry that’s sure to cover a broad range of positions, whilst still providing the performance-minded handling you’d expect from your first road bike.
The Allez also features integrated rack and fender mounts, and has plenty of clearance for bigger 28mm tyres, so longer rides become more bearable and city streets much smoother, allowing you to transform the Allez Elite into a faster commuter.