Yamaha's P-121 is a compact, digital piano with 73 graded hammer keys that are heavier lower down and lighter higher up making it feel just like you're playing an acoustic piano. It has 24 highly-realistic sounds on board including samples from a Yamaha CF III grand piano and there are 20 accompaniment styles that cover genres like rock, pop, jazz and latin. The P-121 is easy to use and the Smart Pianist app (only for iOS) gives you additional possibilities. A base and a pedal unit are available for purchase separately.
The P-121 features a 2-way speaker system that directs sound upwards as well as downwards so that the result you experience is similar to playing an acoustic piano. There's a special table EQ function that ensures an optimal sound when you're playing on a flat surface too. You can listen to the sound via headphones as well, of course, and thanks to the stereophonic optimiser, you'll enjoy outstanding sound that way too. There's even a second headphone jack as well as an auxiliary output.
Functions like layer allow you to combine two different sounds, while split lets you play one sound with your left hand and another with your right hand. You can add easily effects like reverb, damper resonance, sound boost and Intelligent Acoustic Control to sounds too. For those taking lessons, the Dual mode which splits the keyboard into two equal parts is really handy.
Tips or comments about this product
- The stand (L-125) and pedal unit (LP-1) shown in the images serve illustrative purposes only and are not included. They are available for purchase separately.
- Certain piano functions can be controlled with the Smart Pianist app that's available for iOS only.
- Yamaha P-121
- digital piano
- keys: 73 graded hammer standard
- sound engine: Yamaha Pure CF (with sounds from the Yamaha CF III)
- polyphony: 192 voices
- sounds: 24
- accompaniment patterns: 20
- demo songs: 24 + 50 piano songs
- speaker system: 2x 7 watts, 2x 12 cm + 2x 4 cm
- effects: reverb, intelligent acoustic control, damper resonance, sound boost
- functions: dual/layer, split, duo
- recording function: 1 song, 2 tracks (100 KB per song)
- headphone output: 2x stereo jack
- sustain pedal: mono jack
- pedal unit
- line output: L/L+R, R
- USB to host
- sheet music stand
- power adapter (PA-150B)
- sustain pedal
- separately available: stand (L-121), pedal unit (LP-1)
- dimensions: 1114 x 295 x 166 mm
- weight: 10.0 kg