At a glance
- Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Cable Routing - External
- Fork - Hybrid Composite, OverDrive Steerer
- Stem - Giant Sport
- Handlebars - Giant Connect
- Brakes Calipers - Tektro TK-R312 Giant Specific, Dual Pivot
- Brake / Gear Lever - Shimano Claris
- Front Hub - Giant Tracker Road
- Rear Hub - Giant Tracker Road
- Rims - Giant S-R3 Wheel Set
- Front Tyre - Giant S-R4, 700x25
- Rear Tyre - Giant S-R4, 700x25
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Claris
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Claris
- Chainset - FSA Tempo, 34/50
- Cassette - Shimano HG50, 11x34
- Saddle - Giant Contact (Forward)
- Seatpost - Giant Sport
- Product Code: Q2114380
Giant’s Contend range was born from a consolidation of their previous frames. Cherry-picking the best features from their extensive past collections and combing them in this exciting new platform, they really have created "the bike of the future". This frame design features a bigger bottom bracket for improved power transfer and a shorter chain stay, resulting in a shorter wheelbase for improved handling.
Engineered with Giant’s very own ALUXX aluminium technology, the frame featured in the Contend platform is designed to take the shock out of the road. Composite carbon fibre forks with alloy OverDrive steerers dampen vibrations further, leading to confident handling in variable conditions, and overall a better experience on the road. As the most competitively priced bike in Giant’s Contend platform, the Contend 2 will provide you with a lot of bike for your money.
The all new Contend 2 features a Shimano Claris gear set. This gear set uses the Shimano Dual Control integrated brake and gear lever system, making gear shifting effortless. And, combined with a Shimano HG50 11x34 cassette, this gearing is perfect for making those tough hill climbs that little bit easier.
With a perfect blend of speed, comfort and control, the Contend 2 is an ideal entry-level bike to help develop your riding and make your aspirations a reality.